Friday 8 June 2012

The Beginning of the End

"Oge! Brian! stop running around."
"Brian, stop pulling your sister's hair"
"Darling, hurry up. We boarding already."
I think to myself, "gosh! cant wait to get home..these kids will be the death of me..."
I look over to where he stands and i start getting pissed.."I wish i could just go and snatch that newspaper out o his hands. Cant he see i need help with these kids?"
I walk over to him, "Why would i have to come and beg you to help me keep these kids in line? All you've been doing since we got here is to read that dang newspaper"
He looks at me like iv got PMS and says nothing, looks at Brian and says "I see you pulling your sister's hair again and i'm taking away your football. Make sure Junior doesn't stroll away" and turns back to his paper.
I sigh in frustration and allow the lady to search my bag.

I sit down to close my eyes and that's when it starts
The violent shaking,
The raised voices
The oxygen masks dropping overheard
Junior starts wailing,
Oge starts whimpering
Brian looks at him with eyes wide

It's getting worst
The pilot's voice echoes in my ears
I look outside my window
We seem to be close to the ground
I stretch out my hand and hold his

I look over at my kids
Their eyes mirror mine
I look over at him; my husband
Words, Thoughts, Apologies all scramble for a place on my tongue
I see my thoughts in his eyes

In that time of realization,
Words are not needed
We become I
I become Him
One mind, One thought

I look into my kids eyes, one after the other
Memorizing their faces and features,
I look into my husband's eyes
And I mirror his thoughts for my kids to see
'I love you, in this world and in the world beyond'
And I live to see the terror fade away in their eyes

Nothing else matters


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your comments