Friday 3 August 2012

UNBRIDLED I

Footsteps dragging
Back aching,
Heels peeling
Sweat mingled with my tears dripping into my eyes
I walked.
Children mocking
Encouraged by parents
Clawing at my skin
Skin soft and smooth from the faithful treatment of oils
I held my package close and tight to my body.
Elders sneering, jeering
All waiting to witness my shame
Anticipating my public disgrace
I raised my head and looked straight at the faces I had been intimate with
They all refused to return my gaze
Each one praying I do not rest my gaze on them
I walked ahead.
I had come to the end of my soul struggles
I had survived in the only way I knew how
But the inner shame and despair crushing my ribs
At d fear of such a bleak existence for the rest of my lives,
was the cost of living a life like mine.
I had gotten to the stage were hope was a treasured commodity
It was the only thing that kept me alive and it was the only thing that kept me walking
The crowds parted until I saw him,
My eyes rested on him and
Thrills raced up my spine
The hairs on my neck stood still as electricity rocketed my body
Nothing at that point would have kept me from reaching him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your comments