Friday 3 August 2012

UNBRIDLED II

A man of seemingly simple features
Yet aura surrounded him like a living tangible cloud
His words flowed over me
Soft and melodious yet resounding in my heart like the life-giver of my beating heart
I reached his feet,
With his face turned away from mine,
I knelt at his feet
My head bent in fear of seeing the rejection in his eyes
I unstopped my jar
And turned out the contents on him
His feet were all I could see with my head bent
It dribbled and poured and the scent wafted up and filled my senses
With the same care and more than I had used on my skin
I used on him,
I had just spilled the best and most expensive oil
Such was the life I had that I could afford this
At the recesses of my mind, I felt outrage spill out from the public
I pulled my hair closer to his feet and used my hair to wipe the excesses.
His hand touched my shoulder
And oh! Ohhhhh! What peace!
My shame fell away like a bunch of dirt rags flung afar
The hole of despair got swallowed up by a wave of pure light
I raised up my head and his eyes looked into mine.
I saw his lips move and realized he was responding to the crowd’s outrage
I could not care less
Nothing could take away the joy and the peace and the love all –consuming I felt at that moment
I made a shocking discovery in that second:
I love this man, wholeheartedly, unreservedly, irrevocably
I would die for this man
I would give my earthly possessions for the sake of this one man
This man that had not only restored my dignity but given me a new measure of hope
A smile broke through my face and he smiled back
And he gave me the tiniest nod
I stood up straight and looked back at the crowds
I, Mary Magdalene, a former prostitute, felt like a new born baby
I, Mary Magdalene, have just been given a brand new slate to start life afresh
I, Mary Magdalene, was totally FREE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your comments