Friday 11 May 2012

Strength of Love


Amidst the crowd i saw you,
we walked towards each other, pulled by fate,
you smiled and the world receeded to just a space in time,
i was caught up in you,
we laughed, we talked,
kept late nights, nobody wanted to sleep,
we could not get enough of each other's voices.
oh! it was bliss!

Distance came and we found ourselves back in reality,
i tried to let go but i had tasted bliss and could not let go,
time came and went, we reconnected,
i still found solace in you,
you still had the power to make me invincible even across distance,
we were in love.

we struggled to keep afloat,
against all the ravages of loneliness,
the same mouth that could bring me joy,
i discovered could bring tears too,
i cried into my pillow every night,
a calm and serene girl, turned into a complaning and nerve-wrecked lady,
i could not recognise myself anymore yet i held on.

my words stopped making sense to you,
and you lost the novelty of falling in love wit me,
and became as comfortable as old shoes,
and i wondered where it all went wrong,
i have nothing left to give,
i have nothing left to offer,
i can no longer hold on.

defeat is not wat im admitting to,
rather, victory that that i could love so wholeheartedly,
and courage is wat tells me to let you go,
for i am no longer able to withstand,
and neither do i want to give in to the pain,
so farewell, my love,
be happy and may another stronger than i,
give you the love you need.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your comments