Monday 28 May 2012

Dreams on the run

I want to do this,
I want to do that,
I wish i could do this,
I wish i could learn this,
So many dreams,
So many hopes,
Seconds turn into minutes,
Minutes turn into hours,
Hours turn into days,
Days turn into weeks and months
And before I know it, Years have come and gone.

Reasons turn into excuses
Procrastination becomes a way of life,
"I do not have money",
"It's too expensive",
And the dreams start dying,
And I start to drift from my goals and the things that makes me happy
To the things that others and society expects me to do,
I get sucked into the cycle of doing-any-job-that-pays-well-with-no-satisfaction,

I am not a millionaire......YET
But i do not want to wait till then to start fulfilling my dreams,
So today, i make a promise to myself,
Be it a thousand naira or a hundred naira Iv got left on me,
Id start living all the dreams i can with what i can afford
And not wait anymore, for fear of never getting to achieve any and i run out of time.

So today, I begin to do the things i love,
The things that brings laughter and joy to my days and nights
For only in being happy can i make others happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your comments